Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Puke Fiction: My Age Old Itch

Friends,

Here are a few random thoughts I have had over the last couple of weeks. Enjoy. (I had all these on one page, but the blogger program was fouling up and would not space them properly. So, I have separated them into a couple of different posts. Thanks for your patience. JLH)

My Age Old Itch

Scratch, scratch, scratch.
The itch is so far beneath
My skin
That I have to cut open
My flesh
To satisfy it.
And it is never in the same place
Twice.
One time, it is here,
And another time,
It is there.
Sometimes it is in my mind,
Other times in my hair.
I don't want to scratch the itch,
But I want the itch to stop.
It's the nagging sense
That I cannot satisfy it
No matter how hard I scratch,
Or how deeply I cut.
It just does not go away.
How long can I wait
Before I have to relieve myself?
Can't I just pull out my bladder
And sit it on a shelf?
Then I could stare at it all day long,
Instead of feeling like its slave.
And to my body, I belong.

No comments: