Thursday, October 07, 2004

Blobs of Dirt

Hey friends here are some things I was thinking about the other day. I have a long post to put up here, maybe even today, when I can get it burned to a CD. Enjoy.

What will become of this death
lingering on my street?
I hear his voice sing sweetly
in every person I meet.
________________

Where is the darkness, the
hatred I feel?
ANd what is this disease
I work so to conceal?
________________

Why is my heart heavy
inside of my chest?
Why, when I know better,
will I not welcome rest?
________________

This place is a hive of
sound wave festivity.
Where fingers and minds
are shaped for creativity.
________________

My mind is all twisted
Contorted and shy.
Like the rain diseased clouds
that hide the sun from my eyes.
________________

Every now and again
I want to say, 'shit'.
And throw a temper tantrum,
or girly hissy fit.
________________

There remains an element of mystery in this world. Do we need to know everything? Do we want to know everything? I have a simply explanation that goes like this:

He revealed more than we can understand.
He revealed less than we desire.
He revealed enough to make His point.

________________

My happiness is not the chief end of life, not the main objective of God, and not the constant thought of the universe.

________________

Marigolds transformed my yard into a small place of delight. They are gorgeous, beautiful and deserve to be the pavement we walk on in the New Jerusalem. The blosssoms remain for a long time and seem unperturbed by the cold, heat or drought.
________________

In the desert gold is without value. Water is priceless.
________________

"I feel obliged to admit that I believe not because of but in spite of miracles." Teilhard de Chardin
________________

We should take time out of each day to describe the clouds.

More later.

No comments: